Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Prosperity Project: Day 1

This game I call the Prosperity Project was suggested by Abraham-Hicks in the book, Money and the Law of Attraction. The idea of the game is to get used to the idea of having, spending, and enjoying money. Start small, and every day increase your allowance by $1000. Gradually, you will be able to easily picture yourself having larger and larger sums of money, and that idea won't seem entirely ridiculous to you, because your dream grows incrementally over time. If you want to join in this game with me, write your dream checkbook entries in the comments. Let's attract some major abundance!

Deposit $1000 into imaginary checkbook. Spend it on:

$500 Plane Ticket to San Francisco
$200 Excellent walking shoes
$300 All-weather jacket that fits perfectly and makes me dazzle

I'm going to San Francisco next month to meet the people that my brother works for. He is their personal decorator, making $100K a year fixing up homes they rarely live in. They have a home in Cleveland Park, in Washington DC, a home in Sonoma Valley, CA, a home in South Beach and one in Fisher Island off Miami. I want to talk to the husband about The Attitude of Gratitude Project; I want to talk to the wife about the possibility of being her personal assistant when I'm done making the pool store sparkle. I'm going to imagine what a beautiful life of opulence and joyful abundance might be like for me. I suffered in Florida this summer, and would love to summer in Northern California where there is no humidity. I kind of like the idea of living in those beautiful homes, three of which I've already visited. I wonder what my jacket will look like?

8 comments:

  1. I will spend my first $1000 to help a friend pay some bills they got behind on through no fault of their own. It would break down this way:

    $500 Rent
    $200 Car payment
    $200 Utilities
    $100 A few items to spoil them for once

    That felt good. I'll be taking care of me, too, in future comments but no problem in giving away a little dough as well.

    This is a great idea, Valerie. I actually have an old check register and some old checks from a now non-existent account. I'm filling them out as well to make this even more real for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deposit $1000
    Paid out $950 Dr K for one crown. Tomorrow I can pay for the other one. Isn't it awesome to not be dependent on credit?
    Paid out $50 for dinner at Ryans & a nice tip for Just Lauren, our favorite waitress.
    rk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sondra L. Schmid

    Depotit $1000.00 on 9-22-09
    Spent:
    $900.00 in advertising and media for my website.
    $100.00 in baby items for my pregnant friend, Lauren!
    Thank you very much Universe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deposit $1000 into imaginary checkbook. Spend it on:

    $500 on miscellaneous business expenses
    $400 on an accountant
    $60 at Chuck E Cheese
    $40 to fill up the gas tank in the Pacifica

    Because some of my clients are behind on payments this makes me behind on payments -- I would have to put the money where it needs to go first, the business.

    Once I have paid that off, I would give a significant chunk to an accountant to straighten out the books. This is a mess and a half some days, so I gave him some extra to get some drinks for himself when he is done. I will pay him monthly to keep up with said book -- I'm done with that headache.

    My Pacifica (which I love) is running on fumes so I would fill up the tank and take my daughter to Chuck E. Cheese this evening for horrible pizza and all the tokens she could want for games and prizes.

    I find much joy when the people around me are happy. Nothing would make me smile more than to see the smile on her face as she bounced around from activity to activity. It's the little things in life sometimes....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deposit $1,000.00 into my account on 9-23-09 and spend it on:

    $1,000.00 to my sister for her wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deposit $1000 into imaginary checkbook. Spend it on:

    $700 to pay for my trip to Florida to visit friends
    $300 to take my three furry ones to the vet for long overdue check-ups

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deposited $1000 into my account. Purchased the following goods and services:

    $700 to pay for my trip to California to visit my family at Thanksgiving.
    $300 to pay for medical bills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deposited $1000 into my account. I used this money in the following way.

    $300 I would hire someone to do some maintenance on the house
    $200 for some perfect fit Hiking shoes
    $200 for this perfect custom made wool felted hat. I lost my cheap hat and need a new one I met this woman at the Farmers Market that makes lovely functional WARM hats
    $300 for a personal Chef to bring me raw food goodies for a month and jump start my health

    ReplyDelete