Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 14

Greetings, prosperous friends! Today marks the end of our second week on the Prosperity Project, so it's a good time to look back and appreciate everything that we have created with all of the money that has flowed our way.

This week, working together with Robyn, we were able to raise just over half of the $20,000 my friend Lee needs to produce his Tropical Motivation festival. This festival will do a lot to raise awareness of local musical talent, plus it will help my friends make some money to help pay for the house they just moved into. The success of the musical that Lee and I wrote should help to draw quite a crowd to the event.

I hired staff this week! This one is huge for me, because it has bought me gobs of free time. I immediately used that free time to do some travelling. I took the boyfriend on a first-class cruise of the Eastern Caribbean, and spent two weeks at a lake house in Maine visiting my friend Billie. I love this imaginary world, because I managed to fit a three-week vacation into one week. Talk about buying time!

The boyfriend made out even better. He got back from our week-long cruise and then headed off to Costa Rica for a month of surfing. For someone who says he doesn't like to travel, he sure is doing a lot of it. (Why doesn't the boyfriend have a name, you wonder? He's asked that I don't talk about him online. Since that is impossible, I just don't say his name. Girls are sneaky.)

On the home front, I finished my room addition, which ended up being a whole second story suite. Instead of having just one room, I now have a studio with a separate napping area, following the same footprint as the downstairs. The boyfriend made me an amazing custom desk, built to my very unique specifications. He also built cabinets and countertops to make the space as functional as I could want it. While I was on vacation I had Mark Griffo at All Florida Computer Repair come in and set up a network that connects all the computers in the house. While he was at it, he also set up the boyfriend's new flat screen tv so he can use it to watch all his stuff on internet TV as well as broadcast. Now when the boyfriend comes back tired from his surfing safari, he'll be able to lay around in the downstairs living room and watch all the TV he wants. He'll be in boyfriend heaven!

I bought a new digital piano and music software this week, so now my upstairs office doubles as a music studio. I'm sure I remembered to soundproof it in the process, so that I can sing and play without interfering with any TV enjoyment or napping going on downstairs.

I didn't get a whole lot of work done this past week, but I did get to spend some excellent quality time with two of the people I love most. I feel happy and fulfilled, ready to do some serious writing.

So, let's get busy!

$14,000 Advance from Hay House on my first book.

$ 1,500 God's Money to Tropical Motivation (Total from me $8,000 + Robyn $5,000 for a whopping total raised of $13,000. Just a few more days to go!)

$ 6,500 Wealth Building Account (Total $30,000)

$ 6,000 Will be just enough money for the boyfriend to finish building the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Although I don't actually cook, I love puttering around in a nice kitchen, and it will be such a treat to finally be able to put everything away. I love the way the house is looking, and we are so happy living here. Life is really good.

Now it's your turn. What thoughts do you have about your second week here on the Prosperity Project? And however will you spend your $14,000 today?

3 comments:

  1. Tonight, I'm just plain tired. Running too hard & playing too long I'm worn out. I really need a good nights rest. On my first day of the Prosperity project I bought a yummy comforter for my bed. Today I'm buying a new bed for it to rest upon.

    My office expansion is underway, The IT guy is happily programming my fleet of new computers. My initial search for employees has begun & my new right hand man is busy learning software & underwriting.

    $13000 commissions payable to BlueSky
    $1000 fees for speaking engagement. FB101 is a hit with the Chamber of Commerce crowd & people are asking for more on my series of virtual networking.

    $1000 shopping spree for me, I need new sheets & towels to match the comforter & I'm sure there's a pair of shoes or two out there to satisfy my inner Imelda.
    $4000 Wealth building account
    $4000 Abundance Foundation paid out as follows:
    1000 Tropical Motivation
    1000 Attitude of Gratitude
    1000 Space Coast Symphony
    1000 to Kristen Malfara & her MORGAN project. That nice lady does so much for children who suffer from terrible diseases.
    $5000 MacDaddy Sleep # bed. I want the one that tucks you in at night & turns off the TV when you fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so busy at an unexpected and hurriedly arranged book signing that I almost forgot about the big royalty check in my mailbox. I really do enjoy those signing events. It just never gets old seeing all those people buying my books, reading what I wrote, interested in hearing what I have to say. I stay until everyone who wants a signed copy gets one. So, I got to my check a little late today. I'll deposit my funds in the morning but I already know how it is going to be spent.

    I have already purchased most of the things I want (some that I actually need, too) but there has been one thing I have wanted as far back as I can remember but there was always some other priority, some crisis that ate up my savings for it. A new boat. Nothing fancy, I don't need a bass boat or anything flashy but I do want something brand new with a trailer. Think I'll stop by Bass Pro tomorrow and pick up an aluminum boat that I can take out on the river and not worry about bottoming out on the gravel bars.

    Book royalties: $14,000

    New boat, motor and trailer: $11,000
    Wealth building account: $1,500
    Vacation fund: $1,500

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having trouble with my money tonight I mean, how many REALLY BIG bonuses can any sane employer give any employee without it becoming... unrealistic. Maybe I just want a sugar daddy of sorts, someone to provide an endless and lifelong supply of income just because I'm me, not because I have to DO anything for it... ahhh, what a dream! Then I could do all the things I WANT to do instead of what I HAVE to do. ...pinch pinch... OUCH! Okay, okay, I'm awake now.

    I really don't know where the money has come from tonight, but I'm going to spend it anyway.

    Deposit: $14,000

    $1,400 - savings (to-date $8,400)
    $1,400 - to my favorite charities
    $3,000 - travel fund (to-date $5,000)
    $5,000 - house remodel (to-date $30,000)
    $3,000 - to my sister to help her through chiropractic school
    $200 - to ME!

    ReplyDelete