Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 15

Today marks the beginning of our third week on the Prosperity Project. I've heard it said that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. I'm suspecting that the habits we are forming here every day as we play this game run deeper than we can even suspect. I'm really excited as I see the changes beginning to happen in each one of us. Our circumstances may not be any different out in the real world, but we are rapidly becoming different people. We are becoming the kind of people who can attract $15,000 for one day's pay. I like it!

$15,000 The tickets sales are brisk for the first annual Attitude of Gratitude Conference!

$ 6,000 God's Money gets a boost today, as we are led to top off the $20,000 needed to start production on Lee's Tropical Motivation festival. I will see Lee later today as we meet for a writing session on the new play. He will be so pleased to know that we were able to raise the money he needed in only one week.

$ 3,000 Wealth Building Account (Total $33,000)

$ 5,000 Goes to the boyfriend, to help him pay off some personal debt.

$ 1,000 Goes to Billie, because she really needs a good computer.

I'm feeling exceptionally generous today, because I know that all of my needs will be met. Just for today, I think I'll help out my friends.

What will you do with your $15,000?

2 comments:

  1. Got the workshop finished and the tools ordered. They should all arrive by early next week. My fishing boat is in the driveway and I'm ready to take it out on the river this weekend, probably part of a nice camping trip I think I deserve.

    So what to do with my book roylaties and the movie rights my agent negotiated? I am becoming a bit more disciplined in keeping up my wealth building and vacation accounts so some of the money goes there. But I have a friend who has not had health care coverage in quite some time and I now have the means to help out. So I'm going to!

    Book royalties and movie rights: $15,000

    Wealth building account: $3,000
    Vacation fund: $3,000
    1 year of health care premiums for my friend plus the first year's deductible: $9,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today my serious side ran headlong into my imaginative side. I received a notice from the bank that they are raising the interest rate on one of my accounts. I only have one account with this bank, so I thought the rate was going from a zero introductory rate to 24.99%! There's a bit of a balance on this account and I started to sweat about paying it off before the higher rate kicked in two months down the road. Then I looked at the account number and it doesn't match any of accounts I currently use. Instant relief, but I also thought at the same time, I shouldn't be caught in this situation where I'm at the mercy of the banks, I shouldn't be carrying such a balance, AND I should have the money to pay it off if that's what is necessary. I also need to pull a credit report to make sure the account they are referring to is a legitimate account, just not used.

    I know, I know... I'm should-ing all over myself.

    People tell me to let my inner child come out and have fun. Problem is, my inner child was so full of fear when a child and so serious, she didn't know how to play and be happy like children inherently are at those young ages. My inner child is learning to be child-like in her forties! Sometimes we're successful, and sometimes, we get just too darn serious.

    Still mulling over ideas that would bring in wild amounts of income, but I keep running into a wall. The one thought I did have was combining my private detective endeavors with being a certified genealogist! I have always had the ability to think abstractly (the serious side of my imagination?), going off on odd paths to find where someone in the past may be hiding. I have actually found more live relatives than dead ones... yes, I never have been one to conform.

    So, today I am going to spend my income not knowing where it has actually come from, but knowing that it is ALL MINE!

    $1500 - savings (to-date $9900)
    $1500 - my favorite charities
    $5000 - house remodel (to-date $35000)
    $2000 - to my sister for help in getting her through chiropractic school
    $2000 - to my brother to pay towards his debts
    $2000 - travel fund (to-date $8000)
    $1000 - to ME!

    ReplyDelete