Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 5

Today we get to deposit $5000 into our imaginary checkbook and decide how we will spend it.

So far I've flown first class to San Francisco, bought some great walking shoes that I now wear every day, and an all-weather jacket that will go from the Pacific coast to the mountains of North Carolina. I love the cool weather. Flying first class was definitely the way to go!

I bought the latest iPhone so I could get the most functionality out of the tool I carry most. I got a nice point and shoot camera so I can take pictures of things I like as I'm learning to spend money on things. I fixed up my car and cleaned up my house. I upgraded my computer equipment and software to make my computer work easier and more efficient.

Each of us, I've noticed, has spent this early money bringing our current situation up to the standard of our imagination. We each look around us and see how our present situation could be made better. We've bought better tools and fixed up our homes. We've been building the strong foundation to our new lives. We've all been led to give money away to help those that we love also achieve a strong foundation of being totally supported by the universe. We've helped friends in need and are helping to bring music to the world by supporting a brand new orchestra.

This exercise has caused me to pay close attention to how I feel about money. I'm using Byron Katie's Work to explore those feelings, but for now I'm just noticing whenever a limiting belief rears its insistent head. So far I've discovered two: First, I seem to believe that I should only have what I need, meaning it's wasteful to buy things just because I think they'd be fun to have. Second, I feel overwhelmingly guilty whenever I "shamelessly" suggest to people that I have a product to sell. This, I think, is a big reason why I've never made a lot of money. As my brother always says, "They can't say yes unless you ask." I'll have to work on that one.

Come to think of it, my guilt at asking to be paid is probably why I was able to amass $250,000 in debt. Somehow my ability to allow good things into my life grew just a bit faster than my ability to ask to be paid for my contributions. Yes, I'll definitely have to work on that one. One of my friends told me that his first stab at prosperity ended up pretty much the same way. He visualized a certain amount of money, and at the end of the alotted time he had, indeed, attracted that very number. But he attracted that amount of debt, not that amount of wealth. Hmmm. It happened to both of us in just the same way. Sounds like a principle is hidden in there somewhere. A clue, if you will.

My friend Andrea of Horizons Magazine recently sent me imaginary checks written from someone else's imaginary checkbook. There were three of them, all written out to me. One was a contribution from some big important guy for $876,537.73. The next was from a publisher, as first installment on my book: $1,673,241.67. The last one was from the Florida Lottery for my first annual installment of $16,847,642.53. I love that she made checks come from sources that are indeed within the realm of what is possible for me. I am writing a book, I can buy lottery tickets, and I have lots of projects that the big important guy might want to support.

To help me visualize this journey into prosperity, I bought a 3-ring binder where I'm going to put pictures of the stuff that I will be manifesting in my imaginary world. In the front of that binder I've put those three checks, along with the $1,000,000,000 bill I got from Kandi Mundy Phillips of Awaken Your Space. I plan to fill the notebook with pictures and other visual representations of the things that I will be buying with my money. It will be like a vision board.

Visualization is a powerful tool. In order to be effective, we need to be able to actually feel ourselves enjoying the things that we're buying. We need to bring as much emotion into the exercise as possible. We need to imagine the experience using all of our senses: Touch it, feel it, smell it, taste it, see it. Love it. Imagine the people around us being happy. Imagine relationships becoming stronger as we and our loved ones no longer have to spend all our energy struggling just to meet basic needs. Who will you bring with you on this imaginary journey? I think as we do this daily exercise we will begin to find out what it is that we really value. Are you ready?

$5000 Deposit

$ 500 God's Money goes to the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra.
$1000 Wealth Building Account (Total $2400)
$3500 To buy lumber so Keith can build me a studio on the front of the house.

How will you spend your $5000?

5 comments:

  1. After spending yesterday's deposit helping others in random kindnesses, something I have always wanted to do, I continue to spend my money on things that have long been on my wish list. Today, I return to capturing images. A couple of days ago I bought a very nice camera to capture stills and this day, I purchase a Canon XHA-1 HD video camera. It carries a steep price tag that will consume all of today's deposit, but it is well worth that cost to me.

    With this camera, I can produce documentary quality videos of the world as I see it and create stunning portrayls of my mind's eye. I can't wait to take my first shots and share them on my website, on Facebook and anywhere else people will view them!

    Today's deposit: $5,000
    Canon XHA-1 HD video camera: $5,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, an interesting thing happened to me on Day Three. I checked my corporate bank balance (because I like to.) & lo & behold if I didn't have $3100 in it. Just as a point of reference, my agency is 16 month old & for the first year I lived entirely on my very small savings & mass quantities of personal credit. (Yes, you can pay your Visa with a Mastercard.) The agency commissions started paying it's own current bills after 4 months. Two months ago it's started paying my personal debts & NOW with September's bills behind me, on day three of this project I had $3100 in the bank. I got chills but did not run right out & spend it. By this time next year I'll be making so much money I'll actually have to pay taxes. WOW!

    $5000 Deposited Today:

    $1000 To Space Coast Symphony Orchestra. $750 of that will sponsor a scholorship for a youth musician $250 to pay the phone service. I love this patron of the arts stuff.

    $1000 paid off my debt ($4000 total so far)

    $250 for more Benjamin Moore paint, this time it's the linen color of the rest of my front rooms (well except the pink ones.) This for my dining area, connected to the kitchen with a common floor, it's really part of the living rooms by wall space. So now that it's all freshly painted too it's onto my beautiful floor.

    $2500 to purchase & install my beautiful cork floors in the kitchen & dining area. These are 12" cork squares, not that laminated stuff. I've chosen two different tiles, one lighter & the other more heavily grained. Kori the floor guy is going to lay them in a diamond pattern. Once that's done he has to seal the floor with polyurethane. It looks fabulous!

    $250 to Kerri to come clean the front part of my house. (She is definately going to be a regular on this list.)

    Tomorrow I think I may work in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided today that since my kids suffer from sleep apnea, I am going to get them really good matresses today.

    $5000 Deposit

    $500 - tithe to church
    $3000 - Sleep Number beds (3 @ $1000 each)
    $1500 - new TV and PS3 for the kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, today is easy.

    Deposit: $5000.00

    The entire $5000 is going into savings to pay for our stay in Houston when Hubby gets called for his liver transplant. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deposit to Bank of my Imagination $5000.. Thank you!!

    $500 goes to the keepers and maintenance people who keep the Stimpson Walking trail and Nature Preserve in good condition. This trail is my treasure only 2 min from my home. With this money they can add more trails and bridges.

    $1000 Wealth building ($1600 Saved)
    $1000 Save for Kitchen Remodel ($1600 saved)

    $2500 Left ok fun time!!
    I love taking photos but I never gave myself a nice camera for the cost of it. I got a cheap one that is ok but since it was cheap the battery catch has broke with in the 1sy year. I'm going to spend $1245 on a Cannon Rebel XT and telephoto lens, monopod with Case.. Ah that feels fine!!

    $1250 left
    I need walking shoes. I went for a walk yesterday in the rain and my shoes got all wet! I went online today and found Merrell Thermo Arc Ice Waterproof Boots $140
    And I need new trail runners Merrell
    Cruise Control $115

    I was also looking at all their great clothing.. but knowing it would not look good on me cause of my weight I got depressed.. So I started looking into weight lost retreats.. found this great place in Utah.. 8 weeks $12,500. They work them out 5-8 hours per day and with diet and classes training you to keep it off their success rate has been incredible losing 45% of Body fat in 8 weeks. So I'm going to save another 20% for that endeavor.

    $1000 for Health and wellness retreats/vacations ($1000) saved

    I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete