Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 2

Every day we get to deposit money in our imaginary bank account and imagine ourselves spending it. Today we get $2000.

$2000 Deposit Cha-Ching!!!

$1500 First Class Ticket to San Francisco to replace the economy class ticket I bought yesterday.
$ 500 Set aside as spending money while I'm there.


I know I bought an economy-class ticket yesterday, but I'll cash that in and put that money in Keith's account to spend on bills. It's easy to be generous when you know without a doubt that you'll be getting even more money tomorrow (right, Bob?)

All my expenses will be paid while I'm in California. I'll be staying with the people I'm meeting, and I'm sure they'll be feeding us. The money is for buying gifts and enjoying experiences that would be unavailable to me if I were broke. I'm so grateful that I can do anything my heart desires.

I decided last year that I'm tired of flying coach. I got moved up to first-class for one of my flights because the universe loves me; I had no idea how comfortable those seats really are! I enjoyed being treated like the exceptionally special person that I am. I enjoyed having personal service, not to mention all the free drinks and the better food.

One thing I noticed on my tour of the ultra-rich lifestyle is that once you have a lot of money, you no longer use cash. When I visited Fisher Island, I discovered that there is no place on the island that accepts cash. You just sign for everything. Even the tips (gratuities, they call them) are included. You don't tip your parking valet or the concierge who lets you onto the elevator that opens up onto your penthouse suite. I imagine that at Christmas I will be very generous in giving them gifts to thank them for their excellent service.

I'm loving this game. I already feel more prosperous! And it's working too: Before I'm even out of bed this morning, someone gifted me with a free professional upholstery cleaning. I wonder what exciting experiences await me today?

6 comments:

  1. You're correct about feeling more generous, Valerie. And why not, right? Why not share our good fortunes with those we care about, or even with someone we don't know as a random act of kindness. I will do that more as my wealth increases every day. But today, I am buying lenses for a Canon Digital SLR camera I will be purchasing here in the next couple of days. I chose a camera because great photos would enhance the stories I write for my website and for article submissions. These photos would be much better than the ones I can take now with my old Sony 3.2 megapixel point and shoot. So here's how it goes:

    Today's Deposit: $2,000

    Telephoto lens: $750
    Macro lens: $500
    Lens filters: $50
    Tripod: $200
    Camera bag: $50
    Attachment for my telescope: $200

    And since I like to woodwork,
    Pneumatic nail gun: $250

    What a rush! Here's how it is starting to work for me: yesterday, I got to play a game I love but hadn't been able to participate in because the local court was a school for about 10 years. A friend of mine bought the building, restored the court and last night, I played wallyball for about three hours. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $2000 Deposit, *ca-ching* is right.
    $950 to Dr K & my second new crown is paid for. Before they're finished even. I believe knowing that they're paid for will make my second session in the chair much more pleasant than yesterday's was.
    $200 for really good walking shoes.
    $100 for cable TV again. Hubby's a trooper but I know he misses real TV.
    $400 for a new panel box for my office so I can plug in more stuff
    $350 for the dreamy comforter I saw at Macy's a few weeks ago.

    I love shopping before I even start my work day. =) RK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Turlington

    I want to play, too!

    $2000 Deposit

    $100 - New mats for my van
    $1000 - New dining set I fell in love with
    $700 - New TV for my room
    $200 - warm dance clothes for the girls

    This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, I'm so glad you're playing. It's like the beginning of the Gratitude Project, when it was the three of us for almost the first year. I miss you alot. Be well, dear friend, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. $2000 Deposit Cha-Ching!!!

    $100 to a friend who's coat was stolen and needs a new one for winter
    $300 to the mechanic for repairing / tuning up my son's car
    $100 to have my mom's house cleaned
    $1200 to help fund this year's IRA
    $300 for groceries, gas and eating out

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw ok $2000..in my bank account..

    Well I'm going to do soemthing that would make me feel VERY GOOD

    I'm sending it all to American Express.. Then I will only have $500 left to pay that bill off!
    Cha- Ching!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete