Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 7

"And God saw all the things that he had made, and they were very good."

Today marks the end of the first week of our game. The seventh day is traditionally a day of rest; in the creation story told in Genesis, it is said that God rested on the seventh day. Actually, that is a bad translation. What the word really means is that God ceased on the seventh day. (He's God. Do you really believe He needed a nap?) But before he did, God looked around at all that he had created that week and saw it as good.

To me, that is one of the most profound statements in the Bible. Think about it: the world is only six days old. Surely, things aren't finished yet. The world STILL is not finished this many aeons later. But God looked on it as ALREADY good. In other words, God looked on his world with a grateful and appreciative eye. He looked at it with the intention of seeing what is right with the world, not what is wrong with it. He deliberately focused on the positive aspects because, being God, He understood the creative nature of thought. He knew that if he focused his attention on the good, that the good would grow.

So I would like to begin a tradition here on the Prosperity Project of taking the seventh day to look back on all that we've created with our wealth, and to see it as good. How has your imaginary lifestyle improved over the past week? How have you been able to add value to the people around you? And here's the real question: How has your real life benefitted this week from doing this Project?

After today, we will have spent $28,000! That's more than I've been making in an entire year!! During this first week, I've built a solid foundation for my future life. I've bought the best tools and gadgets I could dream up, I've updated my software, and am almost finished building the room that will become my command post. I've helped an injured friend, helped another friend pay his bills, and I've helped a fledgling orchestra get off the ground. It is definitely good. I haven't spent any of it on living expenses; none of us has. Before I began this project my living expenses were already covered, as I imagine yours are covered as well. This project is about the extra money that is coming our way.

So how has my real life benefitted from this project? My friend Andrea will appreciate my answer: I've decided to start playing the lottery! Wallace Wattles teaches that when money comes to us, it will come through already established channels. That means that money won't miraculously appear in your checkbook; it will come because you have earned it, but only if you do the work. It will come as a gift from someone with money, but only if you add value to their lives; Or, you might just win the lottery, but only if you buy a ticket. In other words, believing money is coming is not enough; we must act in a way that opens the door for money to enter. So this week I've been more aware of seeing and acting upon those opportunities. The best way for insane amounts of money to come to me right now today is through the lottery. So today I'll buy my first lottery ticket. Just one, but if money wants to come to me it will have a handy way of getting here.

$7000 Lottery winnings!! I got 3 out of 6 numbers right on my very first ticket!

$ 700 God's money is still going to the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra. Between me and Robyn they should have no problem making it through their first season.

$2000 Wealth building account (total $5600, or 20% of $28000)

$4300 Room addition (total $12000) By now the room is dried in and I can start using it while I finish.

It is all, definitely, very good.

How will you spend your $7000 today?

4 comments:

  1. I especially love this post, Valerie. Taking time to appreciate what we've already created is an important step in the process. When we bring it to mind, we are vibrating in that space again. The space we were in when we saw evidence of our manifestation. This week I replaced my flooring with a beautiful white tile, had the roof deck built and the gutters replaced. I had my car expertly detailed,interior rooms all painted and all windows replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thought of reflecting on how our money has been spent over the past seven days. I, too, have been able to help a friend in need, give away a tidy sum in random acts of kindness to people I don't know and helped myself to photography and video equipment that I can use to capture the wonders of nature and the outdoors as I see them.

    For me, this exercise has been more than a dream. I have begun focusing my attentions on streams of income from a variety of sources. I am at a point in my life where some things are ending or have already died. I was lingering in the demise for too long and forgot about renewal. Now, I am planning for my own rebirth and have discovered that this is not a time to mourn what was but to set a new course for what will be. My imaginary income has helped provide the hope of what those established channels will bring to me in my real world. I am creating my own reality even as I write this.

    So today, my money is going to be used to follow another creative passion of mine: woodworking. I have outgrown my garage and cannot buy any more equipment until I expand. So, I am going to build a shop. Even when I move, the shop will add value to my property and become a great bargaining chip. People around this part of the country salivate when they see a shop building.

    Since I will do all the work myself, materials is all I will need. This is going to be a fairly large (30x40), freestanding structure so I will need a nice, strong concrete pad to begin.

    Deposit: $7,000

    Fuel to power a Bobcat to clear the pad area ( a friend owns the Bobcat): $100

    Concrete for pad, rebar, wire mesh and gravel: $5,900

    Wealth building account (invested in IRA mutual funds): $1,000

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been an amazing experiment & I do see some of this manifesting itself in my life. Although my kitchen remodel is still a future project, I do have my dream book all laid out. In real life Johnny & I are discussing painting the outside of our house & if we pay ourselves can accomplish the task for much lower than the figure I listed on Day 6.

    I've journaled quite abit about the prosperity project & it's impact on me. It's profound & with that I'll spend my hard won cash...

    $7000 earned in my first ever non chamber speaking engagement. Broken down I made $233 a minute. Not bad for a first time out. I am a world class speaker, my daily affirmation says so & apparently I'm worth every dollar.

    Yesterday I painted my house & ripped out the bushes that lined the front wall.

    Today I spend:

    $1000 to the Morgan project. Kristen is a nice lady, caring for her son who is dreadfully ill. She has a foundation whereby she provides medical equipment that insurance won't cover to OTHER families with children who suffer from dreadful ilness. She never keeps a dime of the money for her own son.

    %1000 towards the Symphony

    $2000 towards my debt

    $1000 for soil & plantings for my front yard. No paid labor here, gardening is a hobby I had to give up when I decided to take up my insurance hobby. I relish a couple of beezy cool fall days to plant a beautiful new front yard. (for those of you who live with me in the tropics, if I get to spend pretend money on plants & mulch, then I can have unseasonable cool weather in which to plant them.) =)

    $2000 for lumber to enclose the carport. Hubby will be so surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, my. I don't know that I'm as far along as the rest of you, but I am finding that I have the feeling of more abundance, and that what I want to do in life can actually become a reality instead of just a wistful dream. It will take time, but that's okay! It's the journey. : )

    Today's deposit: $7000

    $3000 to PAY OFF credit card debt... wahoo!!!
    $700 into savings
    $1650 to my MOM to help pay debts incurred when she has cancer
    $1650 to my little brother to help pay debts incurred when he had cancer

    ReplyDelete