Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 13

Today is lucky 13! $13,000 to spend on whatever our hearts may desire.

I've been trying since Day 1 to get the boyfriend to play along with us. So far my visions have involved remodelling HIS house, so I thought that he should be a part of it. He has helped me to some extent in making some of the major decisions about the project, although I don't think he's really believing that I'm actually dead serious about all this. He thinks it's all make-believe, and I think he wonders why I'm spending so much early-morning time on something that's not real. But he's always been very indulgent as I flit about from project to project, and so he will, from time to time, offer suggestions.

For instance, in the beginning when I thought that I would rent a house that already had the features I'm wanting, he helped me to look at rentals to see what is available out there in our immediate neighborhood. Then I realized that I didn't want to imagine a separate house, because I felt strongly that I would manifest exactly that, and we would no longer be sharing space. I'm not ready to make that move, so I decided to imagine a room addition on his house that could be my personal space. He was very helpful in providing an estimate of the costs of construction, and he was the one who suggested that instead of adding a room on the ground floor we should just build a second story. I really like that. He gets the downstairs and the wood shop, I get the upstairs suite.

So today, in the spirit of bringing him along on my journey, I'm going to spend my daily allowance making some of his dreams come true.

$13,000 The musical is now a hit, and the CD is a best-seller. Here's a check to prove it.

$ 1,300 God's Money goes again to Tropical Motivation, toward his $20,000 goal (Total from me: $6,500 plus $4000 from Robyn = $10,500!)

$ 5,000 Wealth Building Account (Total $23,500)

$ 1,000 42-inch flat screen TV for the downstairs(!) living room for my TV-watching friend

$ 5,700 To send him on a month-long surfing vacation in Costa Rica. He's dreamed of this since I met him, and yesterday he mentioned that since I'm rich now, maybe I'd want to buy it for him. I do. Enjoy yourself, my friend. When you get back I'm going to put you to work finishing your kitchen!

Now it's your turn: How will you spend $13,000 today?

3 comments:

  1. Day 12 was Sunday. I didn't get to check my office mail that day but when I came in this morning there were TWO commission checks! *Bonus!*

    $12000 commissions payable to BlueSky
    $13000 commissions payable to BlueSky

    Those two checks total more than I made my first year in business. Year two is making up for that with a vengeance.

    Less withdrawals as follows:
    $4000 Wealth building account
    $4000 Abundance Foundation:
    1000 Tropical Motivation
    1000 Attitude of Gratitude
    1000 Space Coast Symphony Orchestra
    1000 to Jill, the mom of my 3 Melbourne grandkids.

    Now to work on the office expansion...

    $3000 to outfit the island office, desks, chairs,file cabinets, a small kitchen set up & reception area seating. Having spent a year in that space, I can see exactly how to set it all up for maximum comfort & efficiency.
    $1000 office supplies
    $10000 Computers & equipment. I'll need 4 desktops & a server.
    $3000 killer all-in-one copy/print/fax/scan for the island office. I considered getting everyone their own printer but the ink costs would kill me.

    I can't wait to see tomorrows commissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My workshop is nearly complete. The walls are up, exterior siding is in place, the roof is on and all the windows and doors are finished. Still have a little more to do inside but this is a good time to start ordering some new tools to fill up my space. I already have many of the basic items but, of course, I can always use a few more power tools.

    So on this lucky 13 day, I got another royalty check in the mail as the book sales are going through the roof. We have a runaway best seller on our hands and I'm lovin' it.

    Book royalties: $13,000

    Final materials for workshop building: $4,000
    Vacation fund: $2,500
    Wealth building IRA: $2,500
    Radial arm saw, air compressor, dust collection system, planer, bandsaw, miscellaneous hand and power tools: $4,000

    ReplyDelete
  3. Business is picking up and I am spending more of my time in billing and collecting. The Partners have decided to hire, not only my first CSR, but also an assistant for me! And, because I am in my thirteenth year with the company, they have given me another bonus! Guess how much???

    Deposit - $13,000

    $1,300 - savings (to-date $7,000)
    $1,300 - split between my favorite charities
    $5,000 - house remodel (to-date $25,000)
    $1,250 - to finish paying off MOM's medical bills - poof! gone
    $2,000 - travel fund (to-date $5,000)
    $2,000 - to my Favorite Child because he's my Favorite Child
    $150 - for me!

    I felt a little more frivolous tonight, I think because basic needs have been met, debt is getting paid off, savings is building, and I love to share my blessings with others. I don't mind working for what I am receiving, but there are so many other things I would like to be doing with my time...

    learn to type FAST and accurately
    learn ASL
    attend an AA meeting everyday
    take a yoga class
    become a runner and run a marathon for charity
    learn to garden aside from raking leaves and pulling weeds
    grow a vegetable garden with herbs and everything!
    read without hurry everyday
    do for my MOM as she has done for me all my life
    ...and this is just the start!

    ReplyDelete