Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 11

Yesterday, I spent my whole $10,000 visiting my friend in Maine and taking her and her kids shopping. That was really fun for me. I spent so much time imagining our time together that I formed actual memories of it. I have memories of shopping for food, the kids trying on jackets and shoes, having meals with them, laughing, holding the new baby. I even remember what the house I rented looks like. My visualization of that trip was so complete that it is as if it really happened. That's pretty powerful stuff!

I've heard that athletes who are injured and cannot train have been urged to practice in their minds by visualizing every move. I've studied tai chi in the past; once, after I had worked myself into a state of complete exhaustion, I was too weak to get out of bed for over a month. I knew that tai chi would be healing, but I was too weak to stand up. So I laid on the couch and deliberately went through the motions in my head. I saw myself move from pose to pose, and managed to keep my concentration fixed on my exercise until I had reached the end of the first third. I was not prepared for how powerful that exercise would be. I could feel my breathing slow and my mind stop chattering, just as if I were doing the exercises with my physical body.

They say that the subconscious mind does not know the difference between what happens in the physical world and what happens in our mind. Have you ever awakened from a bad dream to find that you're really angry at someone? Have you ever had a dream so vivid that it formed real memories in your mind? I clearly remember what it feels like to fly. I know how to go higher and lower, and I know how to turn. I've only ever flown in my dreams, but yet the memory is there, clear as day.

The imagining that we are doing here on the Prosperity Project is incredibly powerful. Your conscious mind knows that we are only pretending, but your subconscious mind is treating these exercises as if they are really happening. We are training our subconscious mind to believe that we have lots and lots of everything our hearts could ever desire. That's pretty cool.

So, let's pretend some more. I'm rested from my trip to Maine, and it's time to get to work.

While I was in Maine, I hired someone to move all of my books and files into my new office so I could get right to work when I came home. I hired my IT guy to come and set up a computer network that would link the new room with every room in the house. Now we can access our 80gig iTunes collection from any computer in the house. All my photos, music, and video have been consolidated into one place, accessible from any computer and from my iPhone. Now that I'm back, I need to pay my bill.

I've got lots of free time now, because I've hired a personal assistant, Number One, to do all the busy work. I no longer need to spend hours at the pool store, because I've trained Thing 2 to manage the store and I only need to check in from time to time. I'm still active in the Chamber of Commerce, and I'm still singing with the Space Coast Oratorio Society and the Brevard Community Chorus. But now I've got lots and lots of time to write and work on music.

$11,000 Earned at a speaking engagement. Topic: Gratitude

$ 1,300 God's money to Tropical Motivation
(Total from me $4,000 + $2000 from Robyn = $6,000)

$ 5,000 Wealth Building Account (Total $16,000)
$ 500 IT Guy
$ 200 Movers
$ 1,000 To Bob, webmaster of The Attitude of Gratitude Project, back pay.
$ 2,000 Korg C720 digital concert piano
$ 1,000 Finale and Logic Studio: software so I can write and produce music in my own studio. Now I'll be able to produce podcasts from my own home. And start a band.


Now it's your turn. How will you spend your $11,000?

5 comments:

  1. I adore these posts of yours and like reading them in the morning so I can decide all day what I'll spend my $ on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sawing and hammering this morning, finishing up the walls on my workshop. Already, I can imagine how it will look when it's done and where I will place all my power tools. I've always enjoyed walking through homes under construction and now I can do that with my own building. It's making me very happy to be creating something with my hands and my head.

    In fact, I'm so delighted about this that I'm going out to convenience stores, Dollar General and the local grocery store. A few days ago, I handed out money to total strangers who seemed to be in need or were caught extending a kindness to someone else. I liked doing that so much, I'm headed out again later. It will be a nice break from hammering.

    Book royalty deposit: $11,000

    Random acts of kindness: $3,000
    Wealth building: $1,000
    Vacation fund: $1,000
    Building materials: $6,000

    ReplyDelete
  3. On day 11 I endowed a foundation: Abundance. The purpose of the foundation is to benefit local music & personal development endeavors & also to enrich the lives of my family. My offices remodel are well underway with no additional expenses today.

    $11000 commissions payable to BlueSky
    $3000 Wealth building account
    $8000 Abundance Foundation
    $2000 Tropical Motivation festival
    $2000 Attitude of Gratitude Project. I cannot bring a more worthy cause to mind.
    $1000 to each of my sisters, Linda, Naomi, Vicki. This will benefit two of them a great deal.
    $1000 to my parents. Their lifestyle is about to change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, no real epiphanies today, other than I've worked my butt off at work to get everything done so I could head to Florida tomorrow without worries. Not only are my coworkers covering for me, my bosses gifted me with a HUGE bonus! So, here goes...

    Deposit: $11000.00

    $1100 - savings
    $1000 - spending money for Florida trip
    $5000 - house remodel
    $1000 - contributed to usatogether.org for injured vets in need
    $1000 - MOM's debts
    $1000 - brother's debts
    $500 - loan to Kiva.org (when paid back, reloan same amount, over and over and over again)
    $400 - paid toward friend's request for the Angel Tree to benefit children of parents in prison for the holidays

    It just feels so good to share my blessings with others. We're all in this Life thing together... : )

    ReplyDelete