Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 6

Greetings, my prosperous friends!

Today we get to deposit $6000. Do you realize what we are doing here? Sure, we're finally getting a chance to buy all the things we've ever wanted so that we can live our lives more fully. And yes, we are all giving some of it away, because it just feels right to share the wealth. But we are doing something even more awesome here: We are creating wealth not just for ourselves, but for the entire economy. Think about it. As we are spending our generous daily allotment, the people and companies who provide those goods and services are receiving money that they can use to pay salaries to the people who produce and deliver those goods and services. Talk about a stimulus plan!

I think it's important to include that fact in our daily visualization, because I firmly believe that money isn't attracted to us just because we want toys; it is attracted to us because we have a desire to use that money to provide "more life for all," as Wallace Wattles puts it. Who is Wallace Wattles? You'll find out more in an upcoming clue.

Today I'm depositing $6000 into my imaginary checkbook. I am imagining that I earned this money as a bonus for making the pool store $60,000 dollars profit in a short period of time. The boss-shaped creature was so happy that he gave me a 10% bonus. Thing 1 and Thing 2 also got bonuses, because without the entire team working together we would have been unable to attain that level of growth.

One of my most persistent longings of late has been to have a room of my own where I can set up my office, library, and music studio. When I gave up my condo in the bankruptcy, I had to give up my perfectly designed work space, and I've been feeling the lack of it. Originally, I thought I would use some of this daily money to rent myself a house until I had enough money to buy something. But I decided that I don't want any bills, I just want a room. So I've decided to build a room onto the front of Keith's already-paid-for house. Because he's really good at that kind of stuff, I asked Keith to help me estimate the cost. Apparently $15,000 will build me a basic room. That will include labor, materials, electricity, walls, ceilings, windows, drywall. Basic room, no plumbing. That way, I can still live and work right from home.

So here is today's accounting:

$6000 deposit

$ 600 God's money goes again today to the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra
$1200 Wealth Building Account (total $3600)
$4200 Continue building my room addition (total $7700)

By tomorrow my room will be finished. Don't you wish building projects would happen that quickly in real life? By building this room I am enhancing my quality of life, giving Keith more room to breathe, and paying a generous salary to the people building my room (Keith and Luke, to be precise). Home Depot and all of their employees and vendors have also benefitted. The world is a better place because that room is there.

That's it for today. Now it's time to go out and make some more money!

4 comments:

  1. Visualizing how we are helping the economy and everyone positively affected by our spending is a great concept! It's also time for me to get a little more disciplined in my wealth building strategy, as well as buying some things I want, a few things that I need as well.

    I really like my Ford truck. I've driven Fords for a long time now and I like their products. Plus, of all the U.S. car companies, I admire that Ford refused the bailout money and already had a great plan in place. They have an outstanding CEO and I am going to invest some of my new wealth there.

    My penchant for a few more toys also needs to be satisfied and I realize that my circa 2003 computer is no longer powerful enough to drive the software I use and that which I will soon be using to edit my videos. So here's today's spending plan:

    Deposit: $6,000

    300 shares of Ford stock: $2,100
    New Dell computer with awesome processors: $3,500
    New software bundle: $400

    So far, in the 6 days of this project, I have spent my money on:

    Helping others: $5,000
    Photo equipment: $9,750
    Woodworking equipment: $250
    Wealth building: $2,100
    Computer equipment: $3,900

    For a total of $21,000. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $6000 deposit. Wow. Commissions are up. At some point, the little movie in my head see's these checks coming in from speaking engagements. I've always been a bit of a ham & a few recent events have made me remember all the plays & musicals my friends & I put on to the delight of the family pets & chagrin of Harold, my best friends little brother & captive audience when we babysat.

    So commissions for now, but soon I'm going to have to find another legal means to keep the cash rolling in.

    $6000 deposit.

    $1000 to the Symphony. Even at $1000 a day it will take a few months to check off Aaron's wish list.

    $2000 towards my debt ($6000 so far, very cool.)

    $100 to have my shrubs trimmed all around the house
    $400 to have the shrubs yanked up in the front of the house. I've hated them for 25 years, those bad boys are outta here.

    $3500 to pay someone else for a complete exterior paint job. I still want that high end Benjamin Moore paint that hubby likes, but for this job, he can supervise & let someone else sweat it out. I'm pretty traditional with house colors, & will repaint bright white with my lovely red door.

    (Bob, I'm proud of you for buying the Ford stock. I have to say, I liked my Suburban alot more when the GM didn't stand for Government Motors.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deposit: $6000

    $2000 - pay toward credit card debt
    $1760 - contribute to IRA (this year's maximum $5000 has been met)
    $340 - to repair rock dents and upholstery trim so when lease is up, I won't be dinged for damage... ahhh, the car looks so nice, back to original!
    $100 - to my friends charity walk in a couple of weeks
    $300 - savings
    $1500 - new MacBook so I can take work with me during the Houston stay

    Spending today's money took a lot more thought and planning. Does that mean responsibility is kicking in? : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. _I should let go of the past and stop punishing myself TRY TO MOVE ON AND ACCEPT NOW!
    Deposit to the Bank of my Imagination $6000 Thank you!!
    I wanna go to the Mayan temples. I need total of (estimated). Need flight to Mexico City $500. Plus Tour costs EST at 1500. Plus fun money $500. $2500 - $3000 I suppose we can take care of that today 
    10% for community = $600 to the Farmers Market. I really Appreciate all they have done for me and I want to give a little back
    $1200 for wealth building ($2800 saved)
    $1200 for Health retreats ($2800 saved)
    $2100 paid toward 2010’s Mayan Temple retreat! Whoo Hoo I’m going!

    $900 saved for Mayan trip.

    I made all this money today form painting murals on walls for people. I paint trees, and other simple sutle murals in people’s homes to ad interest. Nothing to overbearing so it appeals to a wide audience…
    I’m going to start advertising my murals

    ReplyDelete