Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 19

Welcome to Day 19 of the Prosperity Project!

Are you becoming more aware of how you really feel about having money as you play this game?  As I write this, I'm sitting in the downstairs office of a mountain "cabin" that is four times the size of the house that I live in.  There are signs of prosperity here.  All of the rooms are impeccably appointed, and it has an amazing kitchen that is just calling for me to make some apple pies.  This incredible place is someone's extra house.  It is a house that just sits here most of the time, unless someone wants to use it for vacation, as we are now.  All of that just screams money to me.  

How do you feel when confronted with signs that someone else has gobs more money than you do?  The answer to that question reveals volumes about the current state of your relationship with money. 
Are you contemptuous?  Envious?  Uncomfortable?  You might have those reactions if you were taught, as I was, that if someone has a lot of money they must have done something immoral to get it.  If that is your core belief about money, then you would resist attracting money.  Think about it:  we want to be good people; if we believe money only comes to the corrupt, then we will always sabotage any chance of money being attracted our way. 

Or, you might be having thoughts like, "I wonder who she slept with to get that?" or, "Looks like she married well." or, "She must be a drug smuggler or something."  In this reaction you feel somehow superior to the person with money, because YOU managed to stay pure an uncompromised, even if it meant you had to stay poor.   The underlying sense of this reaction is that the person does not deserve the money that they have.   Hmmm, do you think maybe that means you feel that YOU don't deserve to have money?

Of, if you know that the person has a legitimate high-paying job, you might feel jealous that they got some breaks that you didn't get.  You might start playing the "if only" game:  if only I had known the right people, or gotten the right breaks, or if only my family could have afforded college.  The brand of jealousy that lives in this reaction is poisonous and destructive to your spirit.  If you have this reaction you might be tempted to hate the person for having more than you.  You might also be tempted to steal from them or to break something out of spite, just to get them back for having more than you.  It's not fair!  If you have this reaction, you would not be able to enjoy a vacation in a fancy second home because the obsessive jealousy would spoil your chance of being present and revelling in the abundance.  I'm thinking that if this is your reaction to people having way more money than you, it is a good chance that money will not be attracted to you.  If you hate people with money to the point that you want to do harm to them, again it's a good bet money will run from you. 

You could, on the other hand, have an envy that is more of a longing to have what they have.  In this reaction you don't begrudge the person their riches; you are able to be happy for them that they have made a success of their lives.  Instead of hating them for having money, you could be wishing you were like them.  You could be looking at them in their fancy car, with their beautiful clothes, or you could be vacationing in their gorgeous second home just imagining yourself as the owner, enjoying the luxuries that money can buy.  If this is where you are, chances are you are beginning to attract money your way.  After all, this is exactly what we're doing here at the Prosperity Project, isn't it? 

Or, you could be feeling gratitude.  Yes, even if the wealth you see belongs to someone else, you could be grateful that you can have the opportunity to experience abundance first-hand.  You could see it as a sign that you are beginning to attract wealth into your life, even if it is someone else's wealth just at the moment.  Feeling gratitude, appreciation, and love for the finer things in life are a wonderful way to attract the wealth that you are appreciation. 

So as you go through your day, pay attention to your reactions concerning money.  Don't judge yourself good or bad for how you feel, just pay attention.

Now let's spend some money of our own.

$19,000   Motherpearl Enterprises is raking in the royalties from books, CDs, and public speaking.

$  2,000   God's money goes to buy instruments for promising young music students
$  5,000   Wealth Building Account (Total $55,000)

$12,000   Motor home fund (Total $22,000)  I want this so I can take long road trips exploring this beautiful country, visiting friends, doing book tours and speaking engagements and still feel like I am at home. 

Now it's your turn.  How will you joyfully spend your $19,000 today?

4 comments:

  1. This weekend, I was asked to do a book signing at a small bookstore in Arkansas. I just can't refuse because these events seem to energize me. Didn't see my friend Valerie on the book signing tour yet but I'm pretty sure she was east bound. I am certain our paths will cross soon as I have heard her latest book is a knockout and headed for #1 on the charts. I like it when my friends are successful.

    While I was gone, two deposits were made into my bank account for royalties and movie rights (the movie rights I have elected to earn as a weekly deposit rather than a lump sum). It is a lot of money but I know exactly how I will spend it.

    After I looked in my closet and realized that most of my clothes are between 5 and 15 years old and my newest clothing acquisition is 3 years old, it may be time to do a little upgrade. No high fashion for me, Levi's, t-shirts, golf shirts and a few pair of casual slacks ought to do me well. I'm a casual dressing guy, after all. Throw in some Reeboks, a couple pair of nice shoes and a new winter jacket and I'm stylin'.

    I thought I would be able to comfortably handle my emails, fan letters and schedule but it's getting to the point where it's a full time job and I am certainly not complaining. Plus, I have a three book deal and a lot of research to do so I am going to hire a recruiter to help me find someone for that role. A personal assistant/research assistant.

    Book royalties and movie rights: $37,000

    Wealth building account: $5,000
    Vacation fund: $5,000
    Start up costs for a friend's business: $10,000
    U of A scholarship fund: $10,000
    New clothes: $1,000
    Recruiting fees: $6,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! ooo! Epiphany! Thanks to my sister for providing this though this morning:

    You don't have to take the bad with the good. Why include the bad in the vibration? Only include the good in the vibration, and then only the good can come to you. --- Abraham

    I was headed this way when I went to sleep last night... wow.

    I'll be back later tonight to spend today's deposit. ta for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every Wednesday morning at work we have a project meeting and everyone in the office attends. Each person gets to give their weekly update and ask others for information and assistance on current projects. There is usually a short 'training session' where one in the group shares with the rest something they are good at that the others would benefit from knowing. Because the partners encourage learning, (even the learning that comes from making mistakes!) today, we were granted an Education Fund! We can take any class that interests us and it doesn't have to be business oriented. The company pays the tuition / fees and allows time off during business hours for attending class. So, guess what? I finally get to take that typing class I never took in grade school. THEN, after I ace the typing class, I'm going to take the classes needed for my Professional Investigator's license (that's the current P.C. term) and learn how to handle a gun-type weapon. Wow! Getting paid to go to school. Can it get any better than that?!

    Payroll was processed today, and I was astounded at the amount of my direct deposit: $19,000 !!!

    Here's how I'm going to spend it:

    $1900 - savings (to-date $16,900)
    $1900 - to my favorite charities
    $5000 - house remodel (to-date $50,000) and I think we're done for now... gonna start hiring contractors to begin the work
    $10,000 - to start PI school, join the gym, enroll in a self-defense class, purchase a firearm, buy a membership in a target / shooting range that also offers a gun safety class and concealed carry certification. wahoo!!!
    $200 - for ME!





    ********************************************************************
    Two things have already happened this week that prove to me I am moving in the right direction with my attitude and beliefs about money:

    1) we received a $3200 credit OUT OF THE BLUE on my husband's child support account with another state. He had two accounts, paid one in full, then was slapped with $3200 in back interest. We filed a dispute about a year and a half ago, but hadn't heard anything further. Then the credit just appeared on this month's statement. We didn't have to fight for it. We asked once, and wah-lah!

    2) Last month I was late a couple of days with a credit card payment and the bank, who I have my mortgage and checking account with, wouldn't reverse the late fee and then sent me a letter informing me they were increasing my interest rate due to the late payment. (I had confused the due dates of two cc accounts, but the bank didn't care what the reason was for being late, good credit history be damned.) So, on the recommendation of my sister, I applied to another cc company for a credit limit high enough to transfer the balance and have 0% interest for twelve months. I didn't think I would be approved because I have so many open accounts, but the cc card company called me today and after I answered a few questions, they approved the new account. I was astounded!

    Cool, huh?!

    ReplyDelete