Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 25

Greetings, and welcome to Day 25 of the Prosperity Project.  With just a few days to go in our experiment, we have the nice round sum of $25,000 to dispense with today.

Before we get to spending money, though, I'd like to ask you a question.  How much of the life you already have do you keep in storage?  Why is it there?  Do you not have enough space for all the stuff you have?  Are you saving some of it for a special occasion?  Do you have a lot of remnants from a prior life that you just aren't willing to part with?  The answer to that question may have a lot to do with why you are not yet attracting into your life the abundance you can see with your mind's eye. 

I used to have dreams in which I would find hidden rooms filled with stuff I didn't know I had.  Sometimes it was a house I owned; sometimes I was a guest in the house.  In those dreams I'm always filled with wonder at the beautiful things that I've found in the secret room.  In one busy dream, I had rented a house and found that the garage was crammed to the top with junk.  I spent the entire dream cleaning out that cluttered garage.  Sometimes I will dream that I am in a house I had dreamed of previously.  I'll wander through the house trying in vain to find rooms that had been right there during the last dream.  I'll show up at a house I recognize, and try to find my previously favorite room to sleep in for the night.  Sometimes I find it; most often it is gone, and it reminds me to take advantage of things while the taking is good.

I've heard that, in dreams, houses represent our consciousness and rooms represent different aspects of ourselves.  If we find rooms we didn't know existed, we are in the process of discovering untapped parts of ourselves.  I guess the night I spent cleaning out the garage I must have had a lot of junk to clear out of my own life.  Anyway, I've spent so much time dreaming about houses and rooms that I've had many years to think about this concept.  I've decided that dream rooms are not the only rooms that reflect our consciousness:  the rooms in our living space are also an excellent reflection of the current state of our selves. 

So again, I ask you: Do you keep a lot of your stuff in storage?  Are there parts of your house that you don't use at all, that are filled with a bunch of stored things?  Do you have junk drawers?  Junk rooms?  Are parts of your home left unfinished?  I would like to suggest that our lives will grow when we have become too big for the lives that we currently have.  As long as you are not fully using the life, the home, the stuff, that you have now, I'm thinking that more stuff cannot yet come to you.

So if you're really wanting a change, if you are serious about wanting to attract the things that you are writing about here on these pages, then go let some light and air into the dark places of your home.  Take stuff out of storage.  Play with your toys.  Give things away if you no longer have a use for them.  If you are storing things from your past, find a way to display them so you can see and use them every day.  Sleep on the good sheets.  Eat off your best china.  LIVE!!!

$25,000   Every day, I'm beginning to meet someone who has heard of my books.  I believe that even after this Prosperity Project ends, I will continue to attract money because I will continue to add value to the world with my writing,  and because I continue to gratefully use and appreciate all of the wonderful things that I already have.

$  2,500   Performing Arts Center building fund
$  5,000   Wealth Building Account (Total $85,000)
$17,500   Vacation Home Fund (Total $79,000)

Wow.  I feel really good about this.  When this run of money starts to wind down I will have saved $100,000 and will have bought a home in the mountains free and clear.  For right now, that is the wildest that my dreams get, so I'm contented with how this has turned out.

What about you?  How will you spend your $25,000 today?

2 comments:

  1. You make a very good point about using what we already have, being thankful for those things and letting go of parts of our past lives that no longer fit. I have an old computer in my attic, for example, that has a 250 meg hard drive! Why do I still have it? I think it's time to do exactly as you said - spend a weekend in my attic perusing my old stuff, parting with what no longer fits, using what still does.

    Book royalties today: $25,000

    Wealth building account: $5,000
    Vacation fund: $3,000
    U of A scholarship fund: $5,000
    Arkansas land purchase: $12,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... I am just the opposite. If I don't have room for it, out it goes. If I haven't used it in a year or more, it goes to my favorite consignment shop, or I give it away to a local thrift store. My husband saves SO much, when we were in the market for a house, I bought an old fixer-upper because it had a 1,200 sq ft garage in the back. Mind you, the house is less than 800 sq ft... I told him he had to keep his 'stuff' out in the garage, but, it has slowly crept into the spare bedroom. It's to the point that he cannot find something he already owns, so he buys another... and the cycle continues. Somehow, I feel this is disrespectful of his money and the assets he already has, and therefore is stopping the flow of abundance.

    I've been able to keep the rest of the house fairly uncluttered.

    I do have some things in boxes, simply because I haven't wanted to put them out until some of the remodeling gets done. But, it is all great stuff... antiques and framed photographs, books and other pretties. I do miss them, and some day, as I get room by room done, it will all come out and make my little cottage all that much more homey

    Now, I'm going to spend today's deposit: $25,000 -

    mortgage - $20,000
    charities - $2,500
    savings - $2,500

    ReplyDelete