Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 23

Years ago ... no, decades ago, when the Florida Lottery first began, I spent some time thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery.  How would my life change?  I was working as a secretary at the time, work I had already been doing for over a decade.  The work paid the bills, but wasn't entirely satisfying.  I realized that if I won the lottery and had enough money to do anything I wanted, that I would quit my job and go back to school.  I've always loved learning, and to me going to college sounded like the perfect life for me.  After dreaming about school ... visualizing myself there, carrying books, writing papers, walking around campus ... I began to realize that my dream was a small enough dream that I could easily make it happen for me even without winning the lottery.  I applied for student loans, quit my job, and became a full-time student. 

The same thing has happened to me here on the Prosperity Project.  My dreams, apparently, are again very small.  Again, I'm realizing that everything I've dreamed here on these pages I can make a reality for my life, even without magic money.  All of us posting here seemed to run out of dream long before the end of the second week.  In our dreams, we grew to a certain point within our imaginations, and then the extra money we were getting every day seemed to became almost meaningless. 

I'm starting to think that dreams are like stepping stones.  We get one small dream at a time; only when we've managed to materialize our current dream are we granted a vision of what lies beyond.  Before we started this project, I would have told you that I had some big dreams.  After steadily working through this experiment, however, I'm realizing just how small my dreams really are.  I'm realizing, once again, that everything I've dreamed about here on these pages I have the power to manifest into my life NOW.

The workspace that I described here on these pages, the one I built onto my boyfriend's current home in my imagination, manifested right here in my mountain vacation get-away home.  For a week I am happily and productively working in a room that very closely resembles the workspace I created here in this game.  Since we've been here in the mountains, I've gone out and bought the walking shoes and all-weather jacket that I imagined myself buying on the very first day of the game.  I've planned to go to Maine to see my friend in a few months; and although we won't get to spend as much money as I imagined, we will undoubtedly have just as much fun.  I've realized that if I find a used pop-up camper in good condition it will serve the purpose of the motor home I've described here, and will be well within my current financial reach.  I've got friends with vacation homes, and those can feel like mine until I've saved up enough money to buy my own.  Or, I can rent nice homes by the week and just pretend they're mine.  I do, after all, have a very powerful imagination!

$23,000    Oh, look.  I've won the lottery again!

$  2,000    God's Money goes to the Performing Arts Center construction fund
$  5,000   Wealth Building Account (Total $75,000)
$16,000    Vacation Home Fund (Total $45,000)

What will you do with your $23,000?

3 comments:

  1. Ok.. I'm new to this...but here goes
    $2000 - The M.O.R.G.A.N Project.org... so my friend can help special needs children
    $2000 - Wealth building acct
    $12,000 - 2nd mortgage paid in full
    $7000 - mortgage on first home

    That went quickly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point in my life, my dreams are a bit further away from reality but they are not out of reach. What I am dreaming up in this game is the reality I am creating for myself in the future. The Universe is already in motion making these things happen even if I can't see how, and that knowledge makes the comments here far more than a game. I am attracting good things my way every time I think about how I am going to spend my money and every time I write a comment on this blog.

    Today's book royalty deposit: $23,000

    Wealth building account: $3,000
    Vacation fund: $2,000
    U of A scholarship fund: $5,000
    Arkansas land purchase: $13,000

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss me? : ) I've been busy slaying dragons (PI-ing), and getting my genealogist's certification. I love solving mysteries!

    My recent income has stacked up into a good-sized deposit: $23,000. Here's how I'm going to spend it...

    $5,000 - travel fund (to-date $25,000)
    $10,000 - savings (to-date $50,400)
    $5,000 - to my favorite charities
    $3,000 - new furniture with a little bit of antique hunting thrown in

    I'm beginning to think it's TIME I need more of...

    I want to travel, putter around my house while growing a garden and reading books and more books, meander the same paths of ancestors while finding new, albeit dead, ones... I want to help people in recovery, build and operate an animal sanctuary... so at some point, I'm going to need to stop PI-ing to do some of this other stuff!

    ReplyDelete