Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 20

Greetings, fellow prosperous ones!  It is day 20 of the Prosperity Project.


My income has way surpassed my outgo by now.  I could afford a bigger house and a much larger lifestyle than I currently enjoy.  I find, though, that I'm very hobbit-like in my living habits.  I like my homes smallish and filled with books.  I like my homes paid for, as well.  I decided early on in this experiment that I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't buy with cash.  With an income like mine, banks are constantly hounding me to take out loans.  Realtors call me every day trying to sell me gorgeous homes, but I would have to take out a mortgage with one of those bankers, and I'm not willing to do that. The home I live in with the boyfriend is perfect now that I've added my room to the top floor.  I have privacy up there, and feel totally at peace in that space.  I have no urge to upgrade, since my life is already perfect just as it is.

Let's talk about my imaginary room for a minute, because I'm starting to get a hint at how powerful our daily visualizing really is.  In my dream room, I go up a winding flight of stairs into a space that has a writing desk with bookshelves.  There is a sleeping area at one end, because I love napping.  There's a TV up there so I can take General Hospital breaks during the day.  It's cozy and perfect.  

In the real world I'm vacationing with friends up in the mountains.  The house here is big enough that we can all have our own rooms.  Let me describe my room:  I didn't get a bedroom like the others; I got the room they call the Playroom.  I go down a winding flight of stairs into a space that has a writing desk with bookshelves.  There is a sleeping area at one end, where I enjoy napping every day.  There's a TV in here where I can watch General Hospital during the day without annoying the cabin-mates.  It's cozy and perfect.

Yesterday I realized that I had manifested on my vacation the very room that I had imagined here in the Prosperity Project.  That really excites me!  Like the student in Wallace Wattle's example, I think maybe I didn't ask enough.  I've always had a dream that I've never said out loud seriously.  Even here on the Prosperity Project, where we've had more money than I ever dreamed possible, I didn't feel worthy of speaking it.  But now I think I do. 

I've always wanted homes scattered all over the world.  You see, being equally both right- and left-brained, I tend to have conflicting desires.  The right-brained side of me wants to travel, flittering about the planet like a long-distance butterfly.  The left-brained side of me wants to nest, burrowed in one place like a hobbit.  So in my wildest dreams I have several homes:  here in Florida, of course, because all the people I love live here; and also one in Maine on a lake, where I live in June and August.  Billie takes care of that one when I'm not staying there.  Her family uses it when they want to get away, and her kids absolutely love playing on the water.  She rents it out for me from time to time, so it brings in enough money to be self-sufficient.  I also have a vacation home somewhere on the coast of Northern California, where I like to live in August and September, when it's too hot to live in Florida, and too cold to still be enjoying the Maine lake house.  My neice, Rebecca, vacations there with her friends when she's not off on her own planet-hopping adventures.  And of course I have one in the Carolina mountains, just a day's drive away from my Florida home.  My daughter loves this place. 

Each of these homes has a writing desk and a library.  When I find a book I want to own, I always buy enough copies for each library.  My friends think I'm a bit eccentric, but then they always did.  Each of them also has a piano, and a fully wired computer network with music software.  I've been writing music lately, and once I'm on a roll I like to take advantage of it.  The place in California has a grand piano in it, in a room with windows looking out onto the surf.  I write good music there.  Each home also has clothes already in the closet, with wardrobes suitable for that specific climate.  Each also has a fully stocked kitchen, the kind that just invites you to bake pies. 

I love having all these homes, because no matter how much I flit about, I am always at home.  No matter where I am, I have a place where friends can gather.  If my friends want to get away for a while, they are always free to stay in one of my vacation homes.  It's a very happy life.

$20,000       I've been more disciplined about writing, and so am able to send yet another book to the publisher.  Here is an advance.

$  2,000      There is a strong need in my town for a Performing Arts Center so that all of the amateur choruses, bands, and orchestras have a reliable space for rehearsals and performances.  It is time for me to funnel money toward that project.  God's money goes here because music is what saved my life.

$  5,000       Wealth Building Account (Total $60,000)

$13,000     Motor Home Fund (Total $39,000).  Until I've gathered enough money to buy my dream homes, this motor home will be my travelling vacation home.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I'm through PI school, trained and certified in weapon handling, on my way to becoming a black belt in karate, and working with a personal trainer at the gym, I thought I would throw in a typing class since the lack of that skill has dogged me all my adult life. This will come in handy when completing reports and invoicing for Jobs Well Done.

    While I'm networking new contacts and working the odd investigative job on the side, I will be training my replacement to take over when I leave my current job. Since I am in the unique position of knowing everything there is to know about this company from inception, I want to give the new person as much time and training as necessary to be able to fill my shoes without too much of a hiccup.

    So, my paycheck coupled with my side jobs make a deposit total of $20,000. Here is how I'm going to spend it:

    $3,500 - savings (to-date $20,400)
    $2,000 - split between my favorite charities
    $5,000 - travel fund (to-date $15,000) I'm still dreaming of an extended stay in England some day.
    $7,500 - to secure and outfit a small, but nice, cubby hole office in a quaint little office building when I begin full-time in my new career
    $2,000 - new wardrobe more fitting for PI-ing

    ReplyDelete