Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 21

Greetings, prosperous friends, and welcome to Day 21 of the Prosperity Project.

Today marks the end of our third week of playing this visualization game, so again it is time to look back on all that we've created and see that it is good.

All of us posting here on the website seem to have reached the end of our growth phase.  We've built our studios and workshops, we've helped friends, we've sponsored music projects.  Most of all, we have been enjoying our fully funded lives and have been spending our imaginary days using the tools we have purchased to create beauty and provide value to the world.  It has been a good exercise.

I've always heard that it takes 21 days to develop a new habit; if you have been with us since Day 1, you have developed an incredibly powerful habit of daily visualization of your perfect life.  If you have been posting your visions here or elsewhere, you  have also developed the daily habit of journaling your hopes and dreams.  I hope that long after this game is finished you continue both of these activities; your life will surely blossom if you do.

We will be playing this game for one more week.  On Day 28, we will take stock of all that we have accomplished with our money.  Since playing this game, we've had the luxury of knowing that there will always be more money tomorrow.  Now, we will add a new element to the game:  knowing that at some point the money will stop flowing, even if only temporarily, and we will need to live off of what we've accumulated until it starts back up again.

When God rained manna down on the Israelites wandering around in the dessert, he instructed them on the sixth day to collect twice as much as they needed, so that on the seventh day, when God rested, they would still be able to eat.  So this next week we are entering into a gathering phase.  We will fund our wealth building accounts so that we can live off the interest; we will fund our vacation accounts so that we can still travel as we had planned.

Most of all, though, we will explore our feelings about it all.  Does knowing that the money will stop flowing make you panic a little?  Do you feel that you need to hoard whatever money is left so that you don't starve when it stops?  I sure hope not.  I hope that we have learned to generously let money flow through us, trusting that the Universe will take care of us.  Because it most certainly will.   If your imagination is really good, you could choose to imagine that your money continues to flow, even though the game is over! 

So here is today's accounting:

$21,000    Motherpearl Enterprises is thriving, and money is flowing in from all the various streams.

$  2,000    God's Money goes to Riverside Presbyterian Church, Vernon Boushell music series, where my singing therapy began.

$  5,000    Wealth Building Account (Total $65,000)

$14,000    Goes toward buying my first vacation home in the Carolina mountains.

I took the $39,000 I saved up for the motor home and managed to get an incredible deal on a used fifth wheel that can go in the back of a pickup truck.  It is big enough for me and the boyfriend to travel comfortably, and because it fits in the back of a truck, we always have easy local transportation when we get where we're going.  We are staying in it as we hunt for the perfect mountain property to buy as our second home.  He is a very talented woodworker, so we can buy an old shack at a good price that he can turn into a dream home.

OK, your turn.  How do you plan to spend your $21,000?

2 comments:

  1. Well I did it again. I took on a quick book signing trip, this time to West Plains, Missouri, a little town I used to live in years ago but where I still have friends. So I returned to find $41,000 in new deposits in my bank account. I did get an email today from my agent who said that these royalty checks may not always come in as large as they have been. I think she knows something. Still, I am very happy with what I have done with the money I did earn: built my workshop, upgraded my computer and wardrobe, bought some very nice camera equipment and a boat, and helped a lot of people. It's that last one of which I am most delighted.

    With the news that royalties may be ending, I think I just might hold off on hiring that assistant for a little while. But I do want to take advantage of a nice sale on some land in Arkansas near the White River. It's a beautiful location and I want it for a get away cabin and a fishing retreat. I just can't pass it up!

    So today's check will do more of the same, a few things for me, a few things for others.

    Royalty check: $41,000

    Wealth building account: $5,000
    Vacation fund: $5,000
    U of A scholarship fund: $10,000
    Start up costs for friends business: $10,000
    Deposit on land purchase: $11,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Time flies when you're having fun. : ) The decision to leave the security of a solid company, a group of wonderful coworkers who have become such great friends, and my comfort zone of so many years, has not been an easy one. But, it's time to move on. My replacement has been fully trained and is ready to fill my HUGE shoes. (if you've ever seen my feet, you'll know how funny this is... LOL!) The company is sending me off to live my dreams with a blow-out going away party and a very generous severance package.

    This is how I'll spend today's deposit of $21,000:

    $10,000 - savings (to-date $30,400)
    $5,000 - to my favorite charities
    $5,000 - travel fund (to-date $15,000)
    $1,000 - for me!

    ReplyDelete