Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Prosperity Project Day 24

Greetings, prosperous friends!  It is Day 24 of the Prosperity Project, and we are here to dispense with $24,000!

This past week I've been staying  in a gorgeous vacation home up in the Smokey Mountains.  I've thoroughly enjoyed playing with all the dishes, and towels, and linens, and tables, and lamps, and chairs, and couches, and beds, and pillows.  I've been like a little girl in a doll house.

Yesterday, I learned that the owner of this beautiful house (who is not here with us) sees it much differently.  To her, this house is kind of crappy.  The stuff in it is junk.  None of it is quite good enough.  I know people like that.  Because the stuff they can imagine is so much better than what they have, they think that what they have is junk.

I have a family member like that.  Everything she gets, she finds fault with it.  She complained of having no transportation, but now that she finally has a truck she hates it because all she can see are its faults.  After months of unemployment, she finally got a job which she now hates.  She wanted a different kind of job, and this one just isn't good enough.  Someone gave her a free cell phone because she couldn't afford to buy one of her own, and she hated it because it didn't have the features she really wanted.   She has the kind of attitude that makes you NOT want to give her things.  She wonders why she's so unhappy and dissatisfied with her life.  Hmmm, let's think ...

I like that we on the Prosperity Project all kept our original homes and lifestyles, because it shows that we are the kind of people who appreciate the value of what we already have.  Sure, there are more things that we could be, do, or have that would be nice.  But we are the kind of people who can readily see that what we have now is already very good.

No matter where we are on the road to manifesting our dreams, if we can look at what we already have with grateful appreciation, we will be sure to attract more good things.  When I get home from this trip, it will almost be tent weather back in Florida.  Although I'm not yet in a position to build myself a room, I can totally set up my huge tent in the backyard and make that my writer's den for the winter.  I'm learning that if we have things we should use them, not hoard them; so that tent is definitely getting used this year, and not just for my annual camping trip!

Let's see how the numbers work themselves out today:

$24,000   Motherpearl Enterprises is steadily raking in royalties from books and CDs!

$  2,500  God's Money to the Performing Arts Center building fund
$  5,000  Wealth Building Account (Total $80,000)
$16,500  Vacation Home Fund (Total $61,500)  Almost time to start picking a spot!

OK, it's your turn!  How will you spend your $24,000 today?

3 comments:

  1. OK...
    2500 - The Morgan Project
    2500 - Wealth Building
    20000 Pay towards the mortgage

    Yeah! closer to being mortgage free and actually OWNING our home.... who wants the banks to make all the interest money...

    That felt good....PR

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many stories of people who win the lottery only to change their lifestyles and lose their earnings. I think any of us playing this game would be good stewards of the money if any of us should win!

    Book royalties: $24,000

    Wealth building account: $3,000
    Vacation fund: $3,000
    U of A scholarship fund: $5,000
    Arkansas land purchase: $13,000

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were so many mysteries out there to be solved! I'm thinking I need to hire an assistant to help with the paperwork while I'm traveling the globe.

    Today's deposit: $24,000

    $5,000 - vacation fund (to-date $30,000)
    $10,000 - savings (to-date $60,400)
    $5,000 - my favorite charities
    $3,000 - my new assistant and related paraphernalia
    $1,000 - me!

    Paying off the mortgage early looks really attractive... I also believe it's totally do-able!

    ReplyDelete